H60 Hydro Series with FX-8350

I am soon going to be upgrading to the FX-8350 for my long-term stable build, so I am wanting it to last me the next 4 to 5 years. So, my question is: How well would my H60 cool the FX-8350 at stock speeds? Anyone here have any personal experience with these two items together?

I don't plan on overclocking the CPU at all. I always keep my stuff at stock speeds and provide ample cooling so they last an extra long time.So, there would be no extra overhead. I am really hoping the H60 can keep the FX-8350 at around 28c idle and no more than 50c-55c under a full load for extended periods of time. I have no experience with these new piledrivers and am unsure how hot they run, so I can't really gauge this one for myself. Would the H60 be able to easily achieve the aforementioned thermals at stock speeds in a room about 72f on average?

Typical use would be (in a 72f room temp): Running heavily threaded and extremely CPU dependent software for extended periods of time (12+ hours), playing games, using a lot of virtual machines as test beds across multiple platforms, etc.

My H60 was purchased last year, so it is not one of the newer revised models, if that makes a huge difference.

Thanks in advance for the feedback.
1 answer Last reply
More about h60 hydro series 8350
  1. If you're not going to overclock, there's no need for the H60 at all, but it's better than stock cooler.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs