CM Storm Stryker/ MOBO /System fans Advise

Tj_S89

Honorable
May 19, 2012
Hi Just need some advise as i have just purchased the CM Storm Stryker for my first build, and have bought BitFenix Spectre PRO Fan Blue LED 120mm x2 (Front intake)/140mm x3 (2top/1rear Exhaust) and will be getting the Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD4H, Intel Core i5 3570K and Corsair AX850W next week.

The case has a inbuilt fan controller and the mobo has 4 system fans inputs.
im not sure to have the fans to the case as i know they will run at same speed, so it made me think to connected to the mobo but there will be 5 fans and mobo can only take 4. Do i run all from the case fan controller or have front intake from case and exhaust to mobo or vise versa.

Any help will be appreciated.
Many thanks

The ones you want to control manually, connect to the case and the rest to the mobo.

IMO just hook all the fans except the CPU fan to the controller. That way you can turn it down whenever you want, or just set it at a quiet speed and leave them like that.

Tj_S89

Honorable
May 19, 2012
I think you can only connect 4 fans to the Storm Stryker case fan controller. Would i be able to use a y splitter in the case fan controller to connect the two 120mm together and have the 3 x 140mm using the other 3 connecters.

Would this Y Splitter cause any problems? is it safe?