HDCP , Game Recording issues ?

scottshaw

Honorable
Apr 11, 2013
HI Guys
I Have recently moved from console gaming and now am on PC,,,,
I Had a HD PVR 1 ,,,, Component converter I tried using a VGA converter no luck @720p ,,, Then I tried a HDMI converter and had the same issues only picture @480p and not 720p or higher so i have sold my HD PVR,,,,,,

I Have a Zotac Nvidia Geforce GTX 580 And i am wanting to find the best solution to record gameplay without having HDCP Issues ,,,,,
I have tried and number of game recording with IE ,,, Fraps/d3dgear and so on,,
without really the quality I am wanting,,,

I was going to buy the Avermedia HD Live Broadcaster but looking into it its saying its not HDCP Compatible but for the cost its not worth risking?

Also I have looked into the Elgato HD Recorder as on youtube there is a number of people claiming to be using the Elgato,,, As far as i can tell through the HDMI Cable it read the signal as a Extended display,,,something i am interested in,,,

Anyway to cut a long story short I do not really want to buy something I Am not 100% confident that is going to work for my needs as these things are expensive and i am sick of wasting money i might as well ask you guy,s

Could someone please let me know which is the best device just to record my gameplay i do not have a blue ray player or burner and should not see why i should be punished for something i do not use???

scottshaw

Honorable
Apr 11, 2013

Fraps is no good i want something that is not going to drain my system,,, but i ham wanting something also to stream live gameplay without lag issues I have a workstaion with 8gb ECC ram and duel xeon cpu and still fraps lags,,,

chromic

Honorable
Jan 6, 2013

dual cpu's are usually server cpu's that have poor gaming abilities, for example an i5-3570k will crush an 12 core 1000-2000$ xeon processor in games ( because most games use 2 - 4 cores, there are few exceptions that can use 6-8, like BF3