How good is my pc for gaming?

Erre789

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2013
I had this computer since late 2011. It handles Diablo 3 in high graphics fine, skyrim in medium graphics , skyrim laggs in high-ultra tho...

Basiclly it can handle most games from 2011-2012 at 30+ fps at least in medium graphics. But since graphics keep improving, i dont know if my comp can keep up with the upcoming games this year.

I dont wanna have to turn the graphics to minimum. I want this comp to handle skyrim in ultra graphics and upcoming games as well, doesn't have to be the very best, but high graphics would be really nice. So i ask u guys, how should this pc be upgraded to accomplish this?

Here are the specs, ask if u need more info.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500 CPU @ 3,30ghz
4GB DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GT420
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

Maybe the low ram is the only reason for the high-ultra skyrim lagg, but it might be other factors. Please tell me what I should upgrade.

Xtremepr0

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2013
No, the ram isn't the issue, at least not the most important. I'll recommend upgrading to 8 GB, but the real main reason of any slowdown is the Graphics Card, that GT420 is a really weak card... You have a very good CPU, so pairing it up with at least a Geforce 650 Ti Boost/HD 7850 would improve the overall expirience alot...

TRENDING THREADS