Looking To Upgrade GPU

Ragenplay

Honorable
Nov 5, 2012
Last November, I made a thread asking for suggestions for a build between 500 and 600 USD. I picked this parts list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/mAer

I'd use the suggested format, but it really would be wasted space, so I'll type clearly.

Here's the deal, as a budget build, I'm very happy with the results. I am only looking to upgrade specifically because I'm running into lower framerate while trying to record. I don't have it in me to lower the resolution or quality of the video. I have great framerate, the problem is that I like to record gameplay, which is my own fault.

My resolution: 1380 x 768

I'm comfortable with this resolution. Now the big question, should I get a new graphics card, probably meaning a new PSU as well... or should I consider Crossfire, and is that even a possibility.

Let me finish with this, I'm thrilled with this build, I just need literally 15 more frames, so the upgrade doesn't have to be overkill, it only needs to increase performance by a small margin.

Money isn't really an issue here, but I'd prefer not completely redoing the computer.. Lol.

Any suggestions or advice would be great, also, let me know if I should specifically label the parts for convenience. :)

For recording gameplay, it's a mix of cpu and gpu.
Try upgrading the gpu first for now and see if its better, if its still bad then upgrade the cpu or overclock it.
I would consider the GTX650 TI boost, as they provide great performance for its price (its better than 7850 in alot of benchmarks).

Ragenplay

Honorable
Nov 5, 2012

Yeah, I had forgotten to mention that I may need to upgrade the processor. My apologies on that.

Are you aware of incompatibilities with those parts if I were to go with the 650? I'm also concerned about the power supply, the 7750 is more of an eco friendly card, my particular model doesn't even require external power. Apparently the PCI is enough.

That being said, do you think the 650 will be both fully compatible and receive enough power without stressing anything?

A 500w is plenty for the 650ti boost. You can put in a 670, still enough. NVIDIA cards aren't as power hungry as AMD cards. The watts they consume is extremely small compared to their AMD counterparts.

Ragenplay

Honorable
Nov 5, 2012

Alright man, I had no idea Nvidia cards use less power, I actually thought it was vice versa. Appreciate the reply, last question.

Seeing as my power supply will suffice and there won't be any issues with incompatibility, is there a cheaper option for $120. Or would it be better to just spend the cash in the long run?

Oh, just remembered, when changing from a Radeon to an Geforce, should I uninstall all graphic drivers prior the installation of the new card?

Honestly, it's better to just grab the gtx650 ti boost. If you're only willing to spend ~$120 on the gpu, you won't get much extra from your current state. Or a better idea would be just to save up ~$230 and grab the Radeon HD 7870 XT, which would basically max out every game at that resolution. Try selling the 7750 so you could grab the Radeon HD 7870 XT.
Generally, I would recommend uninstalling all drivers when replacing your gpu, even if it is going from the 7750 to 7870 XT. It would avoid problems and doesn't take long.

Ragenplay

Honorable
Nov 5, 2012

Ok, thanks for the advice, I appreciate it.