General temperature question

Hi there guys, new here, and I figured this place was the best location for my question. I have a i7 3930k, with a corsair h100i cooler, and a nvidia 680 with stock cooling. My question here is if my temperatures are normal/decent. Ambient temperature is ~20C, my CPU idles at 30-33C, maxes out at 48C with prime95. Next my GPU idles at ~30c, maxes out at 68C with FurMark. Just need some extra input, thanks.

Additional info: Corsair 600T case, 1 front 200mm fan, two side 120mm, two top 120mm, and one rear 120mm, no overclocking at all.
6 answers Last reply
More about general temperature question
  1. Look great. What are looking for? Do you want to try and make your system more quiet. Whith those temps you should be able to get some fan speed reducers or a fan cotroller which will make your system quiet.
  2. JimF_35 said:
    Look great. What are looking for? Do you want to try and make your system more quiet. Whith those temps you should be able to get some fan speed reducers or a fan cotroller which will make your system quiet.

Well these temps are with fan reducers(atleast on the side). I mostly wanted to make sure the CPU temp was in order, because I've done a whole lot of tinkering, starting out at 35C idle and 50C+ loads, and this is what I'm finally down to. I just wanted to make sure that they werent bad temps basically. I was really worried about the radiator since im using noctua NF-F12 fans which are great and quiet but do move considerably less air than the h100i stock fans, but they're heaps quieter. Also something that doesn't make sense to me(Since this is my very first liquid cooling "setup") is the corsair software reports that the radiator is ~26C, but my CPU is still roughly 30c, is this normal?
  3. davanon88 said:
    JimF_35 said:
    Look great. What are looking for? Do you want to try and make your system more quiet. Whith those temps you should be able to get some fan speed reducers or a fan cotroller which will make your system quiet.

Well these temps are with fan reducers(atleast on the side). I mostly wanted to make sure the CPU temp was in order, because I've done a whole lot of tinkering, starting out at 35C idle and 50C+ loads, and this is what I'm finally down to. I just wanted to make sure that they werent bad temps basically. I was really worried about the radiator since im using noctua NF-F12 fans which are great and quiet but do move considerably less air than the h100i stock fans, but they're heaps quieter. Also something that doesn't make sense to me(Since this is my very first liquid cooling "setup") is the corsair software reports that the radiator is ~26C, but my CPU is still roughly 30c, is this normal?

Well if your not over clocking then you are fine. You didn't even need the H100i so I would not worry about air flow over it.

Besides the NF-F12 fans are good fans. I just think they are ugly. I wish they would come up with another color sceem other than brown on tan. :p
  4. If I were to overclock in the future, would the h100i do the job still? Yeah I kinda didnt need the h100i :P Lol but I had the massive noctua DH14 before and I was too worried about its weight, so i traded worry for liquid leaking :P
  5. davanon88 said:
    If I were to overclock in the future, would the h100i do the job still? Yeah I kinda didnt need the h100i :P Lol but I had the massive noctua DH14 before and I was too worried about its weight, so i traded worry for liquid leaking :P

Yes infact it is one of the prefered coolers for Over Clockers. You may have to get a second set of Noctuas to hook it up in push pull. Personally I like Air Penitraders.
  6. JimF_35 said:
    davanon88 said:
    If I were to overclock in the future, would the h100i do the job still? Yeah I kinda didnt need the h100i :P Lol but I had the massive noctua DH14 before and I was too worried about its weight, so i traded worry for liquid leaking :P

Yes infact it is one of the prefered coolers for Over Clockers. You may have to get a second set of Noctuas to hook it up in push pull. Personally I like Air Penitraders.

Ah im out of luck on push/pull, i already had to use tin spins to modify the case to get the radiator on top(so much of a pain). I guess I could take off the top grill and slap em on even tho it would be slightly ugly. Regardless, thanks a bunch for your input!
Ask a new question

Read More

Temperature Cooling Graphics Cards CPUs