can i run the latest games on high graphics settings

Ararbrar

Honorable
Jul 9, 2012
i am wondering if with these parts i can play bioshock, tomb raider, lol, and other newer games. Also, will i be able to play games on high features in the near future?
i dont have money for anymore parts but i just want to make sure i can play the games i will recieve shortly.
i have:
i5 760 cpu

window 7 64bit

4gb of ram

P55-UD3L motherboard(brand: gigabyte)

radeon hd 7650 graphics card-
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121651

500gb hard drive

850w power supply-
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182072

jrew

Honorable
Apr 22, 2013
Likely not on Ultra settings, you might get away with Mid to high settings on some new titles. I would look into getting a cheap SSD and a Ram upgrade.

Ararbrar

Honorable
Jul 9, 2012

if you know, could you tell me whats keeping me from playing them on higher settings? Also, i forgot to mention that i have another 4gb of ram coming in the mail.

jrew

Honorable
Apr 22, 2013

Mostly the CPU and Hard drive. An SSD would improve Frame rate simply because the games data will be going into the ram and CPU at a higher rate of speed from the drive. A faster CPU will allow your game to process faster *not render* More memory will add more speed because the hard drive can unload more data into it rather then directly to the CPU. I hope that makes sense.

Marcopolo123

Honorable

Bullshit

jrew

Honorable
Apr 22, 2013

Ararbrar

Honorable
Jul 9, 2012
that was what i was thinking, but im not sure. I know that an ssd helps, but most games nowadays are more gpu intensive and a 2gb 7850 seems pretty good for high to ultra settings. I just wanted to weigh a lot of people's opinions regarding the mater. Also concerning the psu, I'm using it in case i plan to upgrade my rig in the future and i need some extra power, also it was on sale and considering it was so important, i didnt want to skimp on it.

jrew is incorrect. The only time you need more RAM is if you do not have enough to begin with, enough RAM has nothing to do with visible frame rates.

An SSD will not do much for you except load games faster, and if a game requires you to enter a different zone that will usually load faster. Frame rates in MMO fast moving games are determined by how good and fast a internet connection you have. You do not want high ping time, for example.

The only time a [new version] faster CPU will help is when game code uses the CPU more than another game. Most games are video card dependent.

It is a good idea to balance the power of your CPU and GPU in order to get the best frame rates. I do suggest that you get the fastest CPU and GPU [video card] that you can afford, as this will provide faster frame rates, however, most of the time the video card is taxed more than the CPU, it depends upon the game.

Also, as far as gaming goes, Intel I5 Ivy Bridge performs better than AMD CPUs. Who makes the video card is less important, because some games run faster on AMD and some run faster on Nvidea. I have owned both.

I still run my over two year old AMD HD 6950 and it does just fine, however, on some games I run lower settings on things I do not consider important, such as the quality of shadows, and I only use 2X AA. Most games do not allow you to sit around looking at all the pretty things, your character gets dead quickly that way, but I do use high setting on almost everything.

Ararbrar

Honorable
Jul 9, 2012
thanks danra! You guys have given me more faith in my gaming f\rig and im sure it will be able to take on the majority of games out today. I think il stick with the setup i have for now!

TRENDING THREADS