Watercooler on Front intake fans on p280

Mitrovah

Honorable
Feb 15, 2013
hello, I was looking at the manual for the p280 and i saw that there are four front fans. I was thinking and I asking could I put the water cooler radiator on the internal intake fan section behind the front intake fans? The internal fans right behind the HDD bays

imgres
Im thinking the radiator and fan could go. I understand i could put it on the top exhaust fans but with four fans blowing on the radiator I believe would translate into serious cooling.

You can have it either way, theres no right way to have it.

By having your radiator fans as an intake, you are using fresh air from outside the case to cool the water, so it naturally you get better performance. However, then that now heated air is dumped into the case, raising system and GPU temps if they aren't water-cooled.
Basically the opposite the other way around. In exhaust your using air that's already somewhat heated by the GPU/Mobo so you get worse cooling for whatever s under water, but your not dumping the heat into the case.

Personally, I have my rads exhuasting air from the case, or in a free flow environment (externally mounted basically).

Mitrovah

Honorable
Feb 15, 2013
ok I think I established I already knew the difference between intake and exhaust and that both work fine on a water cool radiator So thanks danra for creating an unnecessary deviation from my question .... My Question for Anyone who owns a Antec P280: Can I put a radiator where the front internal fans are right BEHIND the HardDrive Bays.

Instead of an unnecessary deviation, I was a little confused about your statement.

In one post you made the simple statement, "i was under the impression a radiator fans for a water cooled cpu should be in taking air not exhausting."

You both mentioned using intake fans on the front of the case. And, your second statement said, "I understand i could put it on the top exhaust fans but with four fans blowing on the radiator I believe would translate into serious cooling".

In this case you answered your own question, as the top fans exhaust air, and fans located on top of cases exhaust air.

manofchalk's comment basically meant that you might as well use a high quality air cooler, because the case will have hotter air in either case, if you use air cooling or a radiator with incoming air.

manofchalk said, By having your radiator fans as an intake, you are using fresh air from outside the case to cool the water, so it naturally you get better performance."

Better performance for an internally mounted radiator, however, he also mentioned the extra heat that will now be in the case with that set-up.

This is what I was trying to address in my original short statement. And, by the way, I have used many cases in the past, not just the one stated in my avatar.

I am glad manofchalk answered your question for you.

From his rude reply I'm guessing his actual question was if its even possible to have a radiator at the front of the case.
So it seems I didnt answer his question either, and with that kind of attitude I dont intend to help find an answer now anyway.

Thank you, I very much appreciate your comment, I feel the same as you.