eyefinity onboard problem

Harree App

Honorable
Apr 22, 2013
i have 3 monitors set up, but one is running onboard while the other 2 are on the GPU, eyefinity detects all 3 of the displays, but only lets me use 2, as the onboard one is greyed out, any way around this?

Harree App

Honorable
Apr 22, 2013
if any1 gets this problem, i didnt fix it, but i found a program called softTH which enables you to use 3 displays when gaming, and i personally prefer it to eyefinity, but it wouldnt let me use the 3D on my main display, so ive just went back to one 3D monitor, which in my opinion, is better than eyefinity anyway.

but i guess its time to upgrade my gpu, someone give me a job.

AdioKIP

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2008
In order to use EyeFinity all the monitors must be plugged into the GPU. I use to use SoftH until EyeFinity came out which is a much easier solution. Move the monitor you have plugged into the onboard to the GPU like the other 2 monitors (assuming you have a descent enough GPU that supports eyefinity) and try it again. Most likely one of the monitors will have to be connected using a displayport so if your monitor doesn't have one you'll need an adapter.

Harree App

Honorable
Apr 22, 2013
late reply but i bought a 7870 and just plugged all three into it lol, wasnt as cool as it seemed though, still prefer 3D.

AdioKIP

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2008
It really depends on the game. Most games the effect of multi-monitor is just ok, but play a flight sim and youll never want to play one on a single screen again.