Sign in with
Your question

Problem after changing the CMOS battery

Last response: in Motherboards
April 22, 2013 8:12:00 AM

Hi,
Recently I replaced my CMOS battery with the same type(lithium 3v cr2032) . When I started the computer everything when fine.All I had to do was to set the "legacy diskette a" to disabled and fix the boot order .After Windows started I tried playing a game,which run smoothly before changing the battery (CoDMW3 SP) but after I started playing the fps went low around 19-20 and the sound was kind of crackling.The CPU and GPU temp were normal.The ram and cpu indicators were around 70-80% which is normal when I play games. When I am browsing the internet or doing sth else everything is fine, probably because i don't use that much resources. My motherboard is ASUS P5KPL-AM.I probably should change sth in the BIOS,causing malfunction, but I don't know what exactly .There is a download lnik for the MB maual with the BIOS description in the ASUS website (http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P5KPLAM/#support_Downl...), but i have no idea what I should change.Now it is set to default(fabric) settings except the boot order and the floppy disabled .I would be pleased if someone knows and is willing to help me.
a c 99 V Motherboard
April 22, 2013 2:36:10 PM

Try updating the bios. The CMOS battery really wouldn't have anything to do with your problems.
April 23, 2013 11:18:35 AM

ihog said:
Try updating the bios. The CMOS battery really wouldn't have anything to do with your problems.

I updated it with EZ flash utility, but the problem still remains. The reason why I changed the battery was that the computer was losing its time and date settings every time i turned it on. Before changing the battery everything was fine. The games ran smoothly without lag and sound crackling.
P.S. I also noticed that when I watch HD videos the problem is the same.
a c 99 V Motherboard
April 23, 2013 12:12:14 PM

Not sure if it has anything to do with it, but try another battery. Can't hurt to try.
!