Sign in with
Your question

How do I Create a 3G WiFi Hotspot From my windows 7Laptop

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
April 22, 2013 10:49:00 AM

I've got a XPS Dell laptop than has a 3G minicard in. I would like to know if I can make my laptop a wifi hotspot for all my other devices to connect with my uncapped data line.
April 22, 2013 10:56:20 PM

Hello,
Follow these steps to create wifi hotspot in windows 7 laptop without any 3rd party software:
1.) Click on the right side on wifi icon of the windows task bar and then click on open network and sharing center.
2.) Then after the first step under the option change your network setting select set up a new connection or network..
3.) After following the second step a new pop up window will appear,select set up a wireless ad hoc network.
4.) Next pop up window will ask you to give your network a name and choose security options and here you have to give network a name and a security key and press the next button right hand side of the pop up window.
5.) After clicking on the next button.The network you created will be ready to use if you are connected to internet with any source.The pop up window will ask you for a option called Turn on Internet connection sharing,You have to click on that option and this step will convert your laptop or computer to a wifi hotspot.

I hope this will help you.

Thanks...
August 30, 2013 12:04:12 PM

Tekeere said:
I've got a XPS Dell laptop than has a 3G minicard in. I would like to know if I can make my laptop a wifi hotspot for all my other devices to connect with my uncapped data line.

here is the solution to create a 3G wifi hotspot on windows 7
http://allinfoatoneplace.org/techies/create-wifi-dongle...
Related resources
January 13, 2014 11:05:02 PM

elenajane said:
Hello,
Follow these steps to create wifi hotspot in windows 7 laptop without any 3rd party software:
1.) Click on the right side on wifi icon of the windows task bar and then click on open network and sharing center.
2.) Then after the first step under the option change your network setting select set up a new connection or network..
3.) After following the second step a new pop up window will appear,select set up a wireless ad hoc network.
4.) Next pop up window will ask you to give your network a name and choose security options and here you have to give network a name and a security key and press the next button right hand side of the pop up window.
5.) After clicking on the next button.The network you created will be ready to use if you are connected to internet with any source.The pop up window will ask you for a option called Turn on Internet connection sharing,You have to click on that option and this step will convert your laptop or computer to a wifi hotspot.

I hope this will help you.

Thanks...

January 13, 2014 11:08:13 PM

I'm in a problem. I am using Dell Inspiron N4010 where the operating system is Windows7. After following the second step, there is no option like "set up a wireless ad hoc network" in the new pop up window. What can I do now? please help.
a c 201 D Laptop
January 14, 2014 6:25:09 AM

Hi, in the second step, in the new window, scroll down and the last option is the wireless ad hoc.
January 15, 2014 11:22:47 AM

jarotech said:
Hi, in the second step, in the new window, scroll down and the last option is the wireless ad hoc.

January 15, 2014 11:26:51 AM

Hello..In the second step there are only four options.
1. Connect to the Internet
2. Set up a new network
3. Connect to a workplace
4. Set up a dial-up connection
There is no scrolling option. What can I do now?
!