Connecting Speakers and a wireless transmitter to the same receiver output

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcarrollct

Honorable
Apr 22, 2013
I'm looking to connect wireless speakers to my zone 2 output on my Denon receiver. I already have 2 speakers connected to my zone 2 via hardwire. I would like to add a wireless transmitter and then add outdoor wireless speakers to the same zone.

Is this possible? I know I can't use an RCA connector but if I find a transmitter that has L/R connection could I connect multiple units to the same output or will I risk damaging the system?

rcarrollct

Honorable
Apr 22, 2013

Thanks for this, so if I use this I should be able to connect any wireless transmitter / speaker combo?

Goncalo Luiz

Reputable
Apr 27, 2015

Hi. I am also trying to do this but am failing to understand how to connect. Should I connect the speakers + the IN wires of the adapter to the AV Receiver output, and then the transmitter to the RCA on the other side of the adapter ?

The bit I'm not sure is if I should connect the regular speakers AND the adapter to the exact same outputs of the receiver.

Any help is welcome.

Thanks,
G.

Goncalo Luiz

Reputable
Apr 27, 2015
Thanks for the quick reply !

In fact I'm thinking of wiring it to Zone 1 (Zone 2 does have indeed preamp outs) not Zone 2, but the your answer still applies.

I was mostly concerned about overloading the outs in the receiver, which you cleared out with your reply.

Thanks,
Gonçalo

Status
Not open for further replies.