Will this fan cool my Processor sufficiently?

MurderousMincePie

Honorable
Mar 29, 2013
Do you think this CPU cooler will cool my Intel i5 650 processor sufficiently (preferably around 30°C)?

http://www.cclonline.com/product/106362/AK-CC4011EP01/CPU-Coolers/Akasa-Nero-LX/CLR0542/[/b]

My current CPU fan is very slowly dying and brings in more dust than cold air.
Thanks

mace200200

Honorable
Are you using a really small slim line case? Otherwise I would just buy a Cooler Master 212 EVO, it's really the best for the money and is very very quite. Or the TX3 is the same thing just with a smaller fan, but it costs a little bit less, if your not a gamer and want to save the money.

MurderousMincePie

Honorable
Mar 29, 2013

It's not a slimline case but it's still quite small and probably would not fit a fan that size.

mace200200

Honorable
Ok, I don't blame you for not wanting to risk it, and measuring for that kind of thing is akward. What are you using the computer for? If your not gaming, or doing anything too intensive that CPU cooler will probably be enough.

MurderousMincePie

Honorable
Mar 29, 2013

I do quite a lot a gaming...so are there any other options?

mace200200

Honorable
Well, for high performance rigs, tower fans are the way to go. They're much better at keeping temps and noise down. Than one claims to move a pretty good amount of air so there is that. It certainly won't overheat, but if your looking to stay around 30C, I dont' know if it'll do it.