Unable to self reboot during windows installation

jonazanteo

Honorable
Apr 22, 2013
Dear All,

I would like to seek your experience input towards installation of windows 8 on my new rig. Details of the rig as follows

Asus Sabertooth 990FX 2.0
Corsair Vengence RAM 32 GB
FX8350 Vishera 4.0GHz
7970 Vapor-X 6GB x 2 in crossfire
OCZ 120 gb ssd
WD Green SATA 3.0 TB
Casing GIGABYTE Cupio

When installing windows 8, it goes well till it starts to automatically reboot, here is what happens, the screen goes blank and does not show any more picture and the cooling fans on the graphics cards goes full steam like their on max load and continues for and indefinite time. Am unable to reboot manually as the case does not come with a reboot button to press, just the power button only. I also have both cards already in crossfire setup before I turn on the rig for the first time.

Would appreciate to know if am doing anything wrong with the setup which is causing the trip and so on.

jonazanteo

Honorable
Apr 22, 2013

Will give it a try when I do get back later on to see if it works.

jonazanteo

Honorable
Apr 22, 2013

It works fine, thanks but I still can reboot the system with the crossfire inside. Any clue on it? Its going to be a headache for me if it cant' reboot properly.

jonazanteo

Honorable
Apr 22, 2013

Went online and got 13.1. However I did a dxdiag and now it shows that both cards are not recognised by the system. Strange....... Have tried to take out both and put them back in, same thing again.

I went looking around and properly seated the graphics cards once again. now they are indentified properly and running on CROSSFIRE properly.

Thanks again Alexoiu for the assist.