Guild wars 2 frame rate issues stuttering

Theorydt

Honorable
Apr 22, 2013
Ok so every other game I play I dont see this being a issue but only when I play gw2 my game almost freezes like a micro second stutter of frame rate drops. My Frame rate in the game is always 60+ fps but after about 10 minutes of playing I notice it more when I start walking and there is this stutter that happens. I dont have a super pc or anything but Ill list my specs. Also I tried updating my processor and it keeps telling me its up to date and that is 2009 ; ;.
CPU- AMD Phenom(tm) II X2 560 Processor
RAM - 8.0 GB
OS- Windows 7 Home
Video card- GeForce GT 640
Hard drive- western digital 500g

Rragar

Honorable
Apr 21, 2013
Odd. This may not be the cause, but have you tried switching your v-sync setting? Also, are you forcing any settings through NVidia ForceWare?

Also, could you go into further details about the update notification? That was a bit unclear.

Theorydt

Honorable
Apr 22, 2013
I have not tried the Forcewar from Nvida, but the update for my Processor says its up to date but its so old. Reason I brought up my dirver issues was cause I noticed it hasnt has a driver update for 4 years. The V sync doesnt do anythiny at all. But I updated my drivers for my video card and I went from 50 fps to 90 fps, but the frams go lower and lower when I play then all of a sudden I get the stuttering.

Rragar

Honorable
Apr 21, 2013

I may be wrong, but it could be a throttling issue. Have you been monitoring your temperatures? Does the performance drop spike appear when the temperatures reach their peak?