Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Video-Oh My: Skyrim Running on Oculus Rift

Last response: in News comments
April 22, 2013 8:14:28 PM

and after all that trouble I went thru to get Skyrim on my plasma!!
Score
April 22, 2013 8:17:48 PM

So why the double pictures? I have got to get my hands on one of these this summer. Do you guys suspect a huge price difference between the developers and commercial headset?
Score
Related resources
April 22, 2013 8:22:02 PM

MANOFKRYPTONAK said:
So why the double pictures? I have got to get my hands on one of these this summer. Do you guys suspect a huge price difference between the developers and commercial headset?

... because it's virtual reality? There's an image for each eye. :p 

And yes, there will be a price difference - the commercial headset should be a bit cheaper.
Score
April 22, 2013 8:24:37 PM

Score
April 22, 2013 8:55:32 PM

DarkSable said:
MANOFKRYPTONAK said:

... because it's virtual reality? There's an image for each eye. :p 

And yes, there will be a price difference - the commercial headset should be a bit cheaper.

it will probably cost about the same
the consumer version is getting a bump in resolution among other things.

and so everyone knows 270$ bought you a dev kit,
Score
April 22, 2013 9:20:09 PM

Score
April 22, 2013 10:03:03 PM

Hopefully no one thinks they REALLY got an arrow in the knee after playing with the rift.
Score
April 22, 2013 11:26:42 PM

If you cross your eyes, align the images and focus you can see it as it would be when wearing the oculus rift. A few effects are flat on the screen (blood spatters) which kinda disorient.
Score
April 23, 2013 12:01:00 AM

The blood is flat because it is supposed to be on "the camera lenses", I guess. :) 
Score
April 23, 2013 2:57:47 AM

OK. So at last there is something that makes me want, nay NEED the Rift!
Score
April 23, 2013 7:38:54 AM

So if you cross your eyes, just enough so that you see 3 images, focus on the middle image and it will be in 3D.
Score
April 23, 2013 7:42:08 AM

So if you cross your eyes, just enough so that you see 3 images, focus on the middle image and it will be in 3D.
Score
!