Need 4 x GeForce GTX 480's...

Status
Not open for further replies.

grebgonebad

Distinguished
Hi everyone!

I am looking for someone who has 4 x Nvidia GeForce GTX 480's lying around and wants to get rid of them. I want to run a few tests but on a limited budget, so I need a cheap SLI alternative. I dont want them to use in my personal rig, I am just interested in finding out how a cheap qual SLI option stacks up agianst a modern singal or dual card set up.

If someone has any number of 480's that are in fully working condition, please let me know. I dont know personally whether there are single and dual expansion slot options avilable for the 480, but single slot cards are preferable.

Thanks for your time.

P.S. Anyone who wants to grief me about trying to get my hands on a cheap upgrade for my rig, please refrain yourself, as approximatly 0 F**ks will be given today. :no: I have a dual 670 setup in my personal rig, so I have no need to use 480's, quad or not.

grebgonebad

Distinguished

Hi, sorry for posting in the wrong section, I shall amend this.

I didnt realise that they were still going for so much. I'm just looking for 4 cheap, low profile cards that are quad sli compatable that I can use for a few benchmarks. Any suggestions? My budget will ideally not go over the £100 mark, and I dont mind how old the cards are...

I have a couple of Corsair AX850's that I can use, so power isnt an issue at the minute. =)

grebgonebad

Distinguished
Hi giltyler!

Thanks for your suggestion, but im afraid that the 295's are still too expensive! Ideally I dont want to spend more than £100. I know this will be diffficult.

You may all think its a bit wierd what im trying to do, but im just interested to see how quad SLI stacks up agianst a modern day 670 for instance.

Status
Not open for further replies.