"Device Connected" issue with Onboard 2-channel speaker output

Cutlass_Stallion

Honorable
Mar 19, 2013
Greetings all. I am currently experiencing an issue where I keep hearing the "Device Connected" chime every few minutes when connecting a pair of speakers to the rear lime onboard 2-channel speaker output of my motherboard. I just installed my motherboard a few days ago, absolutely no problems on the first day, however this problem creeped up randomly the following day after a full morning and afternoon of working perfectly fine. There are no problems with the speakers themselves, as I'm able to hear audio no problem, however the "Device Connected" chime plays at periodic intervals. Connecting my speakers to the front microphone I/O port and simply listening through the HDMI cable of my graphics card completely eliminate the problem. Does anybody have an idea what could be causing this issue and how to solve it?

Attempted fixes:
- Downloaded and installed the latest motherboard BIOS.
- Downloaded the latest system updates for Windows 8 64-bit
- In Device Manager, I right clicked on Speakers under the Audio Inputs & Outputs category and searched for new drivers. The system told me I was up to date and that the speakers were functioning normally. It's also of note that the Device Manager screen flashes/blinks at the same periodic interval of the "Device Connected" chime.
- I went into Device Manager and attempted to uninstall the Speakers under the Audio Inputs & Outputs category; restarted the system to refresh the drivers.
- I inserted a pair of headphones into the lime 2-channel port to make sure it wasn't a problem with my speakers; the problem returned.

My next plan is to download the latest Realtek audio driver for my motherboard to see if that does anything. The date of my BIOS fresh out of the box was 12/25/12 and the latest Realtek audio driver appears to be 10/22/12, so I'm guessing I already have what's on their website; not expecting much from this attempt. I would greatly appreciate your feedback! Many thanks!

My system information:
* Windows 8 64-bit OEM
* Asus P9X79 Pro motherboard
* G. Skill 4x4 gb RAM quad channel, 1600 Mhz
* Western Digital 1 tb HDD
* Samsung 840 series SSD
* i7-3930k processor

Cutlass_Stallion

Honorable
Mar 19, 2013
I got it!! In Device Manager, I uninstalled the audio driver under the Sound, video and game controller category and then reinstalled with the latest Realtek audio drivers from Asus's website. Very happy over here! :-D