• Total voters

Demi Vapor

Honorable
Apr 23, 2013

BigMack70, you didnt read my post. I said with NVIDIA 3d Vision 2 kit = $400

JD88

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013
I would go with the first one. That monitor is an absolute beast and will likely be the next monitor I buy personally. I've been looking at it for a little while.

A couple things to note:

I have tried out the 3D, and in my opinion it falls into the category of a "neat" thing you would try for a little while, but wouldn't use every day. It's simply a little bit straining on the eyes, especially in fast paced, first person shooter games.

The games I played were Battlefied 3 and Batman Arkham City. It's a stereoscopic 3D which improves depth perception but does not have the "pop out of my screen" effect that 3D movies offer. It makes the games look slightly better but at a heavy cost of FPS and some unusual feelings of eye strain. That's just my experience.

I also find 24" monitors to be the sweet spot when it comes to gaming, especially at 1920x1080. A 27" is just a little big for my taste, but everyone is different.

Overall, I still think it's worth it to get a 120+ Hz monitor as there really is a difference. My recommendation would be to get the first one minus the 3D kit.

Aug 6, 2013
I bought the Asus VG278H monitor with built in 3D and with 3D glasses; and I can tell you that the 3D is REALLY REALLY Beautiful.

You will be utterly amazed at 3D movie quality also; and I already have a 2010 old-type NVidia 3D Toshiba laptop. This monitor is in another league.

Dont do what I did at first though, and use anything from AMD graphics wise. Use a GTX770 or above if you want to fly in 3D.

What a lot of GREAT viewing you will get for a monitor that looks to be built to last 10+ years (which is how old my equally impressive [for its time] Samsung 22-inch 1ms monitor almost is, which still works perfect).