Fan speed high?

d1versify

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2012
Hello i didnt know where to post..
Lately my PC fans work higher than in the past. Well the room temperature is 18 celsius. I recently renewed the thermal paste on the cpu (i did it for the first time), and maybe the CPU fan runs high , because i didnt apply it well?
I dont know which fan is it , here is a screenshot
http://

that FANIN0 reached 3800 RPM, while playing DOTA 2, which isnt much of a demanding game.
Could you tell me which fan is it? is it cpu fan? gpu farm? or the one that is in the back of my computer case?

It probably ran higher before, cuz when i took the screenshot my PC case was semi-open !

d1versify

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2012

yes but it didnt run like this before i apply the new thermal paste.maybe i didnt apply enough , or apply it right :/

ihog

Distinguished
Possibly. Take off the cooler, clean the processor and cooler with isopropyl alcohol and a lint-free cloth/rag/etc., apply a dot of thermal paste on the processor, reseat the cooler.

cmi86

Distinguished

Is your CPU fan by chance a 3 pin plugged into a 4 pin connector ? Or the other way around maybe ?

d1versify

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2012
hello back again ... i think after i reapplied the termal paste (i had only done it once again in my life), now the CPU fan runs at 6000+ rpm.... and the room temperature is 24 Celsius. It runs so fast and loud now... it didnt run like this before i reapply thermal paste! You think i did something wrong? It even runs when i play "light" games!