account logon not working

ittimjones

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2012
I can no longer log in using the traditional log in fashion.

I've reset my password numerous times from a simple 5 digit number, to a complex 16 character password. For some reason, it won't allow me to log in.

It will tell me that the username and/or password is incorrect, when I will paste the just changed password into the log in field, just as I did into the new password field (still from the clipboard).

Other times, I select the log in link, and it doesn't load the log in box. I simply have the page dim, and only the close "x" from the top right of the log in bog will load in the middle of the page.

The only way for me to get into my account is to hit the forgot password and use the link included in the email. And even then, as I've said, the log in page doesn't always load, so that option isn't always there...

This is both in IE and Firefox.

When I get in, it doesn't show me as logged in on the main page, but I can click on a thread and it'll show me as logged in.

Edit:
I was just able to log on correctly, but not before it just gave me that close "x" a few times...

jpishgar

Splendid
Overlord Emeritus
There was an update this morning to a few things here on the forums. You might need to clear your cache if you are having issues with login. If that doesn't work, and your problem persists, let me know what browser and OS you are using, and approximately what time of day and timezone you had the issue last, so we can narrow down the cause and diagnose it from the server-side.

TRENDING THREADS