I am very lost and I need your help.

LittleNoob

Honorable
Apr 23, 2013
Hello everybody how are you this fine day, I am here to talk to you about this problem I am having, ok for the record, I am VERY new to computer building, and partly built my first one today.

The problem I came across was that when I started up my computer the fans would whirl and shut down and start up over and over, then I took out my graphics card and it booted up into BIOS no problem... but now im not sure what to do. do I install windows 7? or do something else? because I am not sure what I need to do next.

all that i have working is BIOS and my computer is put together minus the graphic card. I need help from smart people like yourself to help this poor little noob out.

Thank you for your time.

Little Noob

LittleNoob

Honorable
Apr 23, 2013
motherboard - gigabyte h61m-ds2
processor - i3
graphics card - sapphire 7770
RAM - patriot g2 series
power supply - cool master 500
Hard drive - WD blue

I plugged in my GC but there is no plug for my monitor. and i still don't have display unless i take out my GC and only then can I start bios.

gc in no display, gc out bios visuals, then lost all sense of direction. lol

LittleNoob

Honorable
Apr 23, 2013
i fixed the part where the card didn't work, i forgot to use my vga adapter, it's fixed but i need to know how to do the rest of the set up.

ihog

Distinguished
What do you mean by the rest?

If I'm guessing what you mean correctly, throw in the Windows installation disk, install Windows. Then, pop your mobo disc in and install the drivers. Then, download the latest stable drivers for your card from AMD.

LittleNoob

Honorable
Apr 23, 2013
yes im sorry for not being more clear :)
so windows first before graphics drivers? ok .

hmm it seems that it keeps saying "reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key"

everything is set up correctly...i restarted my comp with the disk already in, do i need to do this through bios? or should it have already loaded up on it's own?

ihog

Distinguished
Yes. The card won't run at the correct resolution or be able to do intense operations like gaming without the drivers, but it should give you a display, which is all you need for installing Windows.

LittleNoob

Honorable
Apr 23, 2013

so did you need to change it back once you finished your installs? or you just leave it?

LittleNoob

Honorable
Apr 23, 2013
yea didn't work.. im going to take it apart and plug it all back together again just so nothing is loose or plugged in wrong.