does crossfire work on fm2 motherboards?

illpoet

Honorable
Apr 23, 2013
so im going to build my ultimate gaming system dream. I am also going to use it to mine litecoins. i bought one of amd's apu chips not realizing it had a dif motherboard involved a6-5400k . the fm2 mobos i see don't mention crossfire anywhere. Is this because apu's are made to scale with other gpus? or will crossfire not work with this motherboard architechture. I'd rather not buy another chip but i will if i lose the ability w/the 7950s. the few extra khash from the apu wouldn't be worth it.

MaXiMus M8

Honorable
Oct 11, 2013
If you are going to build a high end gaming rig id look at something like a am3+ mobo. i wouldnt crossfire your graphics card with your integrated graphics due to bottleknecking your computer. the gpu in your cpu are usually not very good for what you want. I would advise a dedicated graphics card with your integrated graphics disabled. But if you can buy a am3+ mobo which would be more suited for what you want. And if deperiatley needed buy another graphics card and crossfire. You are better off getting amd Athlon and overclocking it.