looking for help to solve my bsod in startup

firefox3258

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012
hi i was wondering if anyone would be able to help me as i started to experience a bsod two weeks ago it came and went but now its came back more frequent. i could play a game(metro 2033,black ops 2 mp any game for hours it would be fine(sometimes) or go on a web page bsod would appear. i would restart pcthen another would appear after splash screen(mobo makers name) restart pc again then two options start windows normally or startup repair. start normally brings me back to same options click on start up.startup repairs scans then finishes retarts pc same two options only to get pc yo boot up is to do a system restore on 8/10 start ups here's a picture of the bsod http://i1314.photobucket.com/albums/t580/Ashley_Aaron_Holmes/IMAG0107_zps08cbc91d.jpg
i googled but i couldnt find any help hopefully someone ha had the same problem and fixed it. i should mention this was a prebuild pc from a friend and ive had it for over two years no problems till now. any questions feel free to ask sorry about the lenght of the post. i dont have the windows disc so reinstall wouldnt be a option (specs posted below)

heres my specs

-Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 (build 7601)

-Intel e6300 @1.86,1.40ghz c2d

- Foxconn 945 7MC Series

-Galaxy gtx275 314.22 whql graphic drivers

-TSSTcorp CDW/DVD SH-M522C ATA Device

- 2048 Megabytes corsair xms2 ddr2 667mhz

- 150gb wd boot drive
150gb wd steam games
111gb samsung storage drive
80 barracuda storage drive

-32" tv
-acer 22" secondary screen

With that many hard drives the #1 suspect would be a fault with one of them. Mechanical drives develop bad sectors over time, at an increasing rate. When it becomes too much your system can bsod when trying to read off a bad sector.

My last 2 Barracudas had this problem. Very annoying. Switched to WD Cavair Black and never looked back.

firefox3258

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012

any way to remove bad sectors as i can remove the 111gb thats empty. but the 150gb wb has over 100gb of steam games which as i only have mobile broadband would be a problem to reinstall ? or could i bring in 1tb hard drive and having two drives instead of four would that help ?

thanks for reply i will get tb 1 hardrive and copy my games to and use that as storage alongside my boot drive and get rid of the others thanks again hope this works

If the problem is not caused by your drives then switching to a single larger drive isn't going to do anything. If any you lose the advantage of getting to read/write from multiple drives simultaneously, which is faster than with only 1 drive.

firefox3258

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012

I done the chkdisk took 4-5 hours working as it should st it sartup as it should no problems to report thanks.

firefox3258

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012

Bsod back with startup nothing to do with hard drives as there no errors any other hardware which could cause a Bsod this time it said starting windows the reboot did it twice the boot into windows?

RussK1

Splendid
Try clearing cmos with the jumper on the motherboard.

Download WHOCRASHED and copy/paste the conclusion.

In the meantime you can open command prompt as an administrator and type - sfc /scannow which is a system file checker.

Also run Memtest (download and burn .iso to disk and boot from it)... http://www.memtest86.com/

firefox3258

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012

I'll try and post back thanks

firefox3258

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012

System Information (local)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

computer name: USER-PC
windows version: Windows 7 Service Pack 1, 6.1, build: 7601
windows dir: C:\Windows
CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6300 @ 1.86GHz Intel586, level: 6
2 logical processors, active mask: 3
RAM: 2145898496 total
VM: 2147352576, free: 1948368896

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Crash Dump Analysis

Crash dump directory: C:\Windows\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Thu 25/04/2013 00:17:49 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrpamp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x1E)
Bugcheck code: 0x7E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFFFFF83827594, 0xFFFFFFFF80786888, 0xFFFFFFFF80786460)
Error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a system thread generated an exception that the error handler did not catch.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: ntkrpamp.exe .
Google query: ntkrpamp.exe SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

On Tue 23/04/2013 13:10:56 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\042313-78890-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlpa.exe (nt+0x223594)
Bugcheck code: 0x1000007E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFFFFF8386D594, 0xFFFFFFFF80786888, 0xFFFFFFFF80786460)
Error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntkrnlpa.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that a system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Mon 22/04/2013 00:44:54 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\042213-27781-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlpa.exe (nt+0x40C9B)
Bugcheck code: 0xC5 (0x8BB0, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFFFFF8372E795)
Error: DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntkrnlpa.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that the system attempted to access invalid memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

Conclusion

3 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. A third party driver has been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer. It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites. Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers:

ntkrpamp.exe

If no updates for these drivers are available, try searching with Google on the names of these drivers in combination the errors that have been reported for these drivers and include the brand and model name of your computer as well in the query. This often yields interesting results from discussions from users who have been experiencing similar problems.

Read the topic general suggestions for troubleshooting system crashes for more information.

Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is actually responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further.

RussK1

Splendid
What's the full model of your motherboard?

http://www.foxconnchannel.com/search.aspx?key=945GZ7MC&type=All

I'm leaning more to USB or audio drivers causing the BSOD.

**Further, do you have Microsoft Security update KB2823324 installed? If so, uninstall it.**

https://www.google.com/search?q=KB2823324+Update

I had this "No Boot" issue this morning. I had uninstalled the update 4 days ago but MS pushed the patch out again and it installed on my machine last night. I Immediately got into Windows and uninstalled the patch. I'm on a 64bit version of W7 but the issue is prevalent on 32bit (X86) machines. Not saying this is the issue but would be wise to remove it.

firefox3258

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012

I had that update yesterday I just uninstalled it and my model is 954GZ7MC-KS2H

firefox3258

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012

thought that thanks just wanted to make sure
i installed the updates i could any more i could do to make the problem is solved
i lauched fox live update and there is abios update do i update it or not ? everything else is up to date

RussK1

Splendid

Are the BSOD's still happening?

firefox3258

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012

RussK1

Splendid

That's good!

As for the bios? If the machine is working fine then I would just leave it... but if the comp is stable then you can. May help with "snappiness" so-to-speak.

Best answer? It should be around here somewhere for you - like "select as best answer" perhaps.

Anyway, good luck and welcome to the forums!