Need new cpu and motherboard.

Should I upgrade my other parts (comment which ones)

• Yes

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No, just replace the broken part

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

Modesto Perera

Honorable
Apr 23, 2013
SO first off thank you for taking the time to read this.
So recently I have cleaned my computer, my dad accidently messed up the pins putting the cpu back in, so I crash about 5 times a day, which is fine. But now I am having to reinstall programs every time I crash including games. It has gotten to the point so here Is what I have, let me know what I should improve on but mainly I want to get a cpu similar or better than mine and a motherboard compatible (let me know if another area in my computer needs work.

Reading off of CPU-Z
CPU AMD Phenom II X6 1090T (to be changed due to damage)
Motherboard : Model M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3 (to be changed due to lack of compatibility with better cpus and future installments etc.) link http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/M4A88TDV_EVOUSB3/

Memory DDR3 size 8192 mb. dram freq 669. < not sure if this is the next one to

SPD DDR3 2048mb module size corsair. Part number CMX4GX3M2A1600C9 4 of these http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145260&Tpk=CMX4GX3M2A1600C9&IsVirtualParent=1

Graphics Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 size 1279.

Please include prices for suggested upgrades as well as obviously the cpu and motherboard, hoping to spend $300 on both but can go up to $500 if theres a BIG difference in performance (and future compatibility with the motherboard obviously.

Ty Sorry for the long post

Ah yes sorry I forgot to mention I actually build my system from scratch from mostly neweggs and a bit of tiger direct

Modesto Perera

Honorable
Apr 23, 2013

Ah yes sorry I forgot to mention I actually build my system from scratch from mostly neweggs and a bit of tiger direct

Modesto Perera

Honorable
Apr 23, 2013

Hrmm from what I was told the individual core power is more important then the amount, I just happen to get mine for sale but yeah. It was I believe I wrote 3.4 ghz ? Most applications can only use one or 2 cores correct ? Otherwise my cpu would have annihilated every game (although I do get max settings on MOST games) but usually at like 30+ fps , and lowering settings did not get me much higher I think

Modesto Perera

Honorable
Apr 23, 2013
You know looking at the motherboard page now ... I do not see what um, cpu it can handle. For instance the "newer" cpus use AM+3 (at least for that brand) so on another note, what exactly do I have haha.. +2 maybe ?