Weird keyboard related bug

jtgribs

Honorable
Sep 12, 2012
I have this bizarre problem with my computer and I'm not exactly sure what to do. When playing games I can't seem to input more than one key press at a time. For example, I can't hold W and press space to jump forward. I have to let go of W, hit space, let go of space, and hit W again.

I figured my keyboard had gone bad. No biggie. I plugged in an old keyboard. Same problem. I've tried different USB ports. Still having the same problem.

I'm not sure what could be wrong. Has anyone experienced anything like this?

have you installed any new programs, updates or drivers recently?

if this is a sudden issue and it occurs on multiple keyboards with multiple ports (try using the ps/2 port too) then it sounds like drivers or other bug to me.

personally what i do for minor annoyances like this that suddenly pop up is to run a windows restore. this typically clears up such bugs and is much easier than trying to figure out exactly what the issue is. remember to create a restore point before you do this in case the restore doesnt work so you can revert.

before you do that though try plugging the different keyboards in to the different slots and restart between each try. keyboards may not be recognized when plugged in all of a sudden and may require a restart.

just an idea.