Buying Graphic card from NEWEGG.. Suggestion need ASAP

Where to buy the card?

• Buy Local though expensive at least it will work for the warranty period

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Buy in US, Failure Chances are less .You will be luck.

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

mahidoes

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
I want to buy a GTX 660 Non Ti. (Pl don't start topic about Ti is worth the price :D)

I live in Srilanka where our ambient temp is 30 C average some time goes to 32C. Also considering i do some video editing i want to buy a card equipped with dual fan design.

In Srilanka I Can buy
Zotac 324$ (2 Year Warranty)
Zalman 332$ (2 Year Warranty)
Leadteck 315$ (2 year)
Asus 363$ (3 Years)
I have converted to $ for your convenience.

Since one my friend is coming from USA i thought to buy this
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127699
OC version 214$ (I'm happy with this than all model locally available)

Since it is cheap and our country prices are too high to afford i took this decision. But i'm afraid of DOA and my friend isn't capable of checking the card either. I don't want to trouble him too much. My plan is to buy in newegg or amazon and ship it to his address so he can bring it to me. FYI newegg / amazon won't ship here. I have given you the local brands + pricing here. What is your suggestion? Can i take the risk buying in newegg where i won't be able to claim the warranty?
Is it too risky?

Consider the price advantage and Chances of failure. I can't take any decesion because i haven't bought any thing from newegg or amazon before. In feedback i found some people gives high rating if they get replacement. So i can't relay on egg counts.

I have a good Powersupply Silencer mkiii

Please respond me soon as you can..

Thanks in advance.

ihog

Distinguished
You'll never be able to tell if your card is going to be DOA or die within a week or whatever. There's always that risk, and if there's no way of being able to return it or get support, then I don't think it's worth the risk.

mahidoes

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012

Yes but the rating is lower. According my requirement i have only two choices MSI TFIII or Gigabyte windforce OC .. I'm going forward for gigabyte because
1) I have a gigabyte dual bios and i suspect for msi there is a bios update to be done. Which have to be do some thing with dos
2) I have a Gigabyte mother board..

Mutant_Guy

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2013
Got the gigabyte thanks every one.

gtx660lowres8.jpg

rategv.jpg

Is it bad my processor reacing 75C in gaming. Idling at 45C?