How difficult would it be to put an ethernet jack in my room?

Roly2424

Honorable
Apr 15, 2013
Hey guys! I'm just about done building my first gaming rig, and was planning on a wired connection. But upon checking my room I do not have any wall jacks for the rj45 :(

My questions is: How hard would it be to install one? Would it have to go my router/modem? If so, my modem and router are both in my home office, which is directly underneath my bedroom. Would it be as simple as installing the jacks, threading the wire, and plugging the rj45s into my router and computer respectively? I have zero experience with networking and really don't want to settle for a wireless connection for gaming.
Thanks for reading! Have a good one! :D

You could put in 2 wall boxes with jacks in each and then plug the router to one and your PC to the other. Depends how neat you want it to look. You could I guess just run the wire and crimp RJ45 on each end. It is actually pretty trivial now with all the options you can get at almost any home improvement store. Needs to say the tough part is getting the wire though the walls without tearing huge holes in everything.