Closed

AMD Launches the Embedded G-Series SoC Platform

AMD’s new Embedded G-Series SoC Platform features its next generation “Jaguar” CPU architecture, Radeon HD 8000 graphics and is advertised as offering “exceptional performance with shared resources to help reduce power consumption and die space."

AMD Launches the Embedded G-Series SoC Platform : Read more
9 answers Last reply
More about amd launches embedded series soc platform
  1. Wow now I see why intel released that low power ivy bridge celeron to bad it's so expensive.
  2. Looks good :D, But I want the eight core with the built in GPU like the PS4 and new XBOX. That looks to me to be like a great value. Especially if you could crossfire a dedicated with the on chip GPU.
  3. Add in one of those new WD black 5mm 2.5" drives, 8gb of ram and slot loading thin bd drive and make me a 4"x6"x1" HTPC already...
  4. I wouldn't mind seeing an Ubuntu Touch x86 based tablet. With a real PC UEFI/BIOS, not some locked bootloader crap.
  5. Are these those SoC made specifically for tablets?
  6. 25W for quad core 2.0GHz with HD 8400E on die looks intresting
  7. I think 9W TDP might be enough for passive cooling. I don't get the 15W ones though. At 15W, they should compare their performance to the current Core i5 and Core i7 U CPUs, not the Atom.
  8. BringMeAnother said:
    I think 9W TDP might be enough for passive cooling. I don't get the 15W ones though. At 15W, they should compare their performance to the current Core i5 and Core i7 U CPUs, not the Atom.
    Cause their not meant to compete I i series processors, their designed for low power applications. I would like to see the 15w quad core compared with a dual core atom, 4 cores 4 threads vs 2 cores 4 threads. Although the 15w quad core would make a sweet little HTPC.
  9. BringMeAnother said:
    I think 9W TDP might be enough for passive cooling. I don't get the 15W ones though. At 15W, they should compare their performance to the current Core i5 and Core i7 U CPUs, not the Atom.

CPU wise yes I can see it getting destroyed, GPU wise it would probably do the same to the equivalent I series Graphics. In short, things kind of stay as they are. Either way some interesting products are coming, and thats something to look forward to.
Ask a new question

Read More

Build Your Own CPUs Business Computing