Ok.....now what? Help after putting my pc together.

Super_Jim

Honorable
Mar 27, 2013
Hi! I decided to make a PC a few weeks ago. After weeks of research i finally picked out all of my parts. A week Later it was assembled right(i hope). Now im running into problems, see i really didn't know what to do at this point, so i just guessed! (I know, wonderful way of doing things) anyway, so i installed windows, all that went good(i think), but now im stuck on the driver part. What drives do i need to update? Do i need to update the drivers? Where do i get these drivers? AND i got two hard drives, one is a ssd and one is a normal hard drive. I installed windows on my ssd. My ssd is where i want to put all the valuable stuff that i need to keep. The normal hard drive is where i will install games to. But sence i installed windows on my ssd, it made that C: and my hard drive :E. now when i install anything it automatically wants to install it on my ssd. Is there anyway to tell windows its automatic place to install stuff? Thanks for reading! Please help! :)

l89

Honorable
Mar 18, 2013
update the drivers of ur graphic card
if u have
nvidia-http://www.nvidia.in/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-in
amd-http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx
u can install ur games any where just choose custom installation and choose the drive u want to install to

Actually, your SSD should primarily be for the operating system and apps. As for games, movies, music, etc., keep them on the HDD. Also, only keep some games on the SSD. And know that not all games benefit from running on the SSD.

If you got Windows 7 running fine, then you don't really need to worry about drivers. Though, it doesn't hurt to update the BIOS drivers.

The answers above are all good...
I just have some small reminders just in case if you forget these.
Sometimes or most of the times for standard devices, Windows 7 should already have them included in the standard installation and sometimes you can get them via Windows update too.
If you still need some drivers since Windows can not recognize them correctly or not at all...
in general, all device manufacturers provide the needed drivers in their website if they did not already include it in the delivery package. You can simply go to the respective websites and look for them.
For ASUS mobo and all of its components you can simply look inside ASUS' website as well as nVidia/AMD GPUs drivers in their websites too.