Sugo SG06 + A10 5700 -light gaming / htpc

ktolo

Honorable
Jul 19, 2012
Hello forum users..

I'm not exactly sure where to post this, but i'll stick it up in systems and see if anyone wants to answer.

For quite a while i've been thinking about a v. SFF light gaming / htpc build. And i want to build it in a Sugo SG06 - using a AMD A10 5700 (65W)

I've tried searching online for people who've done a similar build, but no luck unfortunately.

The APU is FM2, which means I have an upgrade path for the next AMD APU series, namely Richland (Kaveri is suppposed to be FM3 but backwards compatable with FM2)

My biggest concern is.. would the TDP of 65w be effectively cooled with a decent low-profile cooler.. or will i run into overheating problems?

I will only be running APU + RAM + SSD + maybe a slimline optical drive, so the included 300W PSU is plenty for this setup.

I've read though, that the power draw when the CPU + GPU are at max can rise above the stated 65W TDP - to nearly 100. Would this be a problem in such a small case?
Anyone made a build like this yet? How do the temps and wattage perform? Under general usage, gaming, ripping dvd - playing media etc. etc.??

Transmaniacon

Distinguished
I think it will be fine. The case has a fan and as long as it has some ability to draw in air it will keep it cool. These little cases are meant to house a GPU too, so since you won't have one in there it will be fine.