Suitable motherboard for pentium g2010 ?

Allwyn Mathias

Honorable
Apr 25, 2013
I was looking for a processor upgrade and zeroed in on Intel pentium g2010. Now i am looking for a suitable motherboard which would support :

1)Galaxy nVidia GeForce 210 1Gb DDR3. (already owned)
2)Corsair Vengeance DDR3 4 GB (1 x 4 GB) PC RAM (CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9) (gonna buy)
3)I am thinking of adding an Pci NIC card in the near future to my desktop (to connect to wifi). Will the motherboard support it ?

thanks in advance. :)

genz

Distinguished
If you're going that low end you'd be much better off with an AMD A6 which has a far faster CPU and GPU than both your 210 and the built in pentium one.

If you are dead set on the g2010 though a Gigabyte GA-H61M-DS2 is a good Mobo on a budget. The AMD counterpart for a A6 3500 would be the Gigabyte GA-A55M-DS2. and At lest over the pond, it would be $20 cheaper altogether and s little faster CPU wise (a LOT faster GPU wise too).

Allwyn Mathias

Honorable
Apr 25, 2013

I had choosen Pentium G2010 as im on a tight budget right now and also cos its socket type is LGA 1155 considering it for future upgrades, but still i am open to options too.
In case i go for an amd processor can i use my graphic card along with it?

genz

Distinguished

Yesm you can. But the main gain of that AMD chip is that it has a built in graphics card that will eat your Geforce alive.

Allwyn Mathias

Honorable
Apr 25, 2013
Haha ok. Thanks.
i am confused between the A4-5300 and the A6-3500, the A6 has to be better, but im worried about the clock speed (just 2.1 GHz) and also its socket type FM1 uPGA ? Is it different from FM1 ?

genz

Distinguished

uPGA stads for 'micro'(aka u) Pin Grid Array. It's just the mechanical type of socket that AMD use as opposed to Intel's LGA (Land Grid Array).

All AMD sockets are PGA and all Intel Sockets after 775 (aka Core 2 Duo) are LGA. You can safely ignore it, it's kind of like reading 2 litre engine in one place vs 2 litre petrol engine in another.

The A4 and A6 are pretty far apart performance wise. The A6 has 3 cores to the A4's 2, meaning in the real world you'll see about 50% more power out of the processor (including the higher clockspeed/Ghz) because there is actually an additional processor inside it. As well as this, the GPU/Graphics card built into the A6 is significantly faster. With 320 cores to the A4's 240, or another 50% on top performance wise.

Again, even the A4 is competitive with the G2010. The A6 will destroy it thanks to an additional core.

Allwyn Mathias

Honorable
Apr 25, 2013
thanks for your input genz. i have finally decided to go for the amd a4-5300 and MSI FM2-A55M-E33 motherboard. But i have some doubts regarding compatibilities:
1)Will the Corsair Vengeance DDR3 4 GB (1 x 4 GB) PC RAM (CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9) be supported by the motherboard ?
2)Also my existing cabinet has a micro-atx form factor, will the new motherboard,which is also a micro-atx, fit into my existing cabinet ?
3)My existing PSU is 250 watts. Do i need to upgrade it too ?

thanks in advance :)

genz

Distinguished

Yes on all three fronts. Get a cheap 350watt unit.