Driver update caused problems in \windows\system32\drivers\iaStorA.sys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samseries9

Honorable
Apr 25, 2013
Hi there!
Im new to this forum but very eager to try fixing my new samsung series 9 ultrabook after a driver update deleted crucial system drivers. The computer was upgraded to windows 8 right after I bought it and I used Driverscanner 2013 to update the drivers on the computer. But after a restart the computer wont start further then to boot up and operative system cant load. It wants me to do recovery. I have a recovery cd but no cd-drive and neither do i want to format my hard drive as i have many important files that i didnt make a back-up of. Is there any way i could install the required drivers without re-installing windows?

Solution
Well one thing's for sure, you can't install drivers until you manage to get Windows running.
You made a mistake in using Driver Scanner to find the drivers. The only reliable and trusted method is to go to
your laptop manufacturer's website and get the drivers for your model directly from them.

You could remove the drive, put it into an external enclosure, then connect that to another PC and copy the data from your drive that you don't want to lose.

Then put the drive back into your laptop and proceed with factory recovery which should be possible without using an optical drive.
There should be a hidden factory backup partition on the hard drive which you can invoke by pressing a specific key (or keys) at boot time. I can't find that...
Well one thing's for sure, you can't install drivers until you manage to get Windows running.
You made a mistake in using Driver Scanner to find the drivers. The only reliable and trusted method is to go to
your laptop manufacturer's website and get the drivers for your model directly from them.

You could remove the drive, put it into an external enclosure, then connect that to another PC and copy the data from your drive that you don't want to lose.

Then put the drive back into your laptop and proceed with factory recovery which should be possible without using an optical drive.
There should be a hidden factory backup partition on the hard drive which you can invoke by pressing a specific key (or keys) at boot time. I can't find that specific info but it should be in the documentation supplied with the ultrabook.

Solution

Samseries9

Honorable
Apr 25, 2013
Thankfully after some digging I was able to find a solution that even left me with all my data and documents intact. Windows make restore points and if youre able to reset windows to a point before the incident everything will work fine again. My problem however was that i could get my omputer further than to the boot window and no recovery or other solution was possible. So i made a bootable USB-stick(since my laptop doesnt have any optical drive) and installed the windows -iso file on to it (torrent, illegal but truly the only possible way) you dont have to re-install or anything. But the install file gives you the option to do a system repair. And now im happily typing on my laptop again!

Status
Not open for further replies.