Can Someone Shed light on this ???

michael ryle

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2011
Hi, My name is Michael and I'm kind of new to all this forum posting so if i get anything wrong please ask.

Specs:

Motherboard: Gigabyte ga-970a-ds3
CPU: Amd Phenom 965 3.40Ghz
Ram: Corsair Vengence 1866mhz
PSU: Corsair Tx 850w
HDD: WD Black 7200rpm
GPU: MSI Twin Frozr 660

SO basically down to my problem whenever I play games (all games) i seem to have this were type of freezing for literally a fraction of a second but its enough time to notice it and screw up reaction shots in say Call of Duty or Left 4 Dead and its always in the same spots so I don't even know if its normal and its still loading?

I have caught some footage of what i mean .... Now the video is way different to what i captured so i booted up Afterburners OSD and threw all the stops from my GPU, if you look closely you will see a slight freeze and the fps drop about 10 frames. Link to video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCXNCrd-tjk

Any help is really appreciated.

Good.
It's not uncommon and you're right, it's often the game loading extra data as you move from one area of the map to another, which is made more acute by a lack of memory.
Check the HDD, it may benefit from a cleanout and defragment.
Make sure you only have icons, not folders on the desktop.
Before starting a game, close as many programs as possible, even idling they can call on the HDD and will obviously take up memory and CPU time.