Do Asus motherboards come with latest bios?

RKS035

Honorable
Apr 25, 2013
I have just bought an Asus M5A 78L-M LX V2 motherboard and i am planning to buy a FX 8320. I know that this CPU is in the CPU support list. But i want to ask if Asus motherboards come with the latest bios(as per manufactured date). I am asking this question because on some websites i read that there is a certain risk involved in updating the bios...... PLEASE HELP

Although there is risk involved, BIOS's are flashed world-wide daily without issue. The problems arise if it not done correctly or if interrupted.The risk is slightly over emphisised since the result of failure can be dire.
As far as the motherboards go, yes, they will have the latest and greatest BIOS version available at the time of manufacture

Lazarus65

Honorable
May 7, 2013
When you install the drivers for the motherboard that come on the CD it install a program that makes installing the BIOS simple. It even verifies that it's compatible with your motherboard just in case you downloaded the wrong one. I believe it's called AsusUpdate.

Since you have the board, you can check the BIOS version. There's a barcode sticker on the motherboard. The last 4 digits on that sticker stand for the board's BIOS version.
For 8350 you need 1201 or 1302.
If the BIOS version is older, you would need a supported CPU for updating the BIOS.