Is this PC good for Gaming (Medium level)?

necyht

Honorable
Feb 11, 2013
Looking to get a new PC and due to complications, I can't build my own (which saddens me because I got excellent advice from a member of this forum and was fully prepared to take up his suggestion).

Anyways, I stumbled across the Dell XPS 8500 and was wondering if it was decent for gaming/everyday use (video streaming and stuff like that).

Specs:
3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i5-3350P processor (6M Cache, up to 3.10 GHz)

Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64Bit, English

8GB2 Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1600MHz

1TB 7200 RPM SATA Hard Drive 6.0 Gb/s

NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 620 1GB DDR3

I know the GPU is TRASH, but I will have to make due until I can upgrade to a 7700 HD

anyways, is it good. At this point anything would be better than the toaster of a machine I'm using now (Inspiron 531s), but I just wanted oppinions, like what kind of graphics and fps will i get on certain settings.
I don't think that the XPS is bad (especially since I'm on like a $700 budget), but hey...It's Dell...

You answered your own question. It's a weak card. For $700, you'll get better performance if you build your own.

Also, you'll want to measure that case to make sure that it can fit a 7770.

I would recommend you go to Dell Community Forum and search there for XPS 8500 GPU upgrade, video upgrade - XPS 8500 and 8300 have problems with certain GPUs, so you may end up with problem, trying to upgarde, and you would not be able to.
Just an advice.

TRENDING THREADS