Your question

non working new motherboard

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • Blue Screen
  • CPUs
Last response: in Motherboards
April 26, 2013 12:00:22 PM

Hello guys i just bought GA-970A-UD3 motherboard for my cpu AM3+ and when i start the pc it gives me blue screen when i press start windows in normal

What do i do ?

More about : working motherboard

a b V Motherboard
a b à CPUs
April 26, 2013 12:16:43 PM

Kim Borell said:
Hello guys i just bought GA-970A-UD3 motherboard for my cpu AM3+ and when i start the pc it gives me blue screen when i press start windows in normal

What do i do ?

Hi
You have changed the Mobo ?
If you have did you reinstall the OS ?
Check you BIOS SATA mode - ACHI ; IDE
If you have installed OS under ACHI f.e. and if you switch it to IDE you get blue screen ....
But the same will happen if you change the mobo and you don`t reinstall the OS
- if you have the same CHIPSET and the SAME SATA mode you may not need reinstall of OS

April 26, 2013 12:24:29 PM

Nikolay Savov said:
Kim Borell said:

What do i do ?

Hi
If you have installed OS under ACHI f.e. and if you switch it to IDE you get blue screen ....
- if you have the same CHIPSET and the SAME SATA mode you may not need reinstall of OS

never did anything with mobo nor OS never installed the cd disk because it's just black, where do i check bio sata mode, im new to this stuff
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
a b à CPUs
April 26, 2013 12:29:44 PM

Kim Borell said:
Nikolay Savov said:
Kim Borell said:

What do i do ?

Hi

never did anything with mobo nor OS never installed the cd disk because it's just black, where do i check bio sata mode

I`m confused pls clarify this :
it gives me blue screen when i press start windows in normal

do you have any thing on sreen when you power ON ?
do you see the POST after you power ON ?
do you have OS installed on the system or is it new system and you stuck on BLUE screens befor installation of the OS ?

I suspect fault RAM module but i need more details ....
April 26, 2013 12:33:39 PM

Nikolay Savov said:
Kim Borell said:
Nikolay Savov said:
Kim Borell said:

What do i do ?

Hi

never did anything with mobo nor OS never installed the cd disk because it's just black, where do i check bio sata mode

do you have OS installed on the system or is it new system and you stuck on BLUE screens befor installation of the OS ?

i have power on my screen, i do not see the blue screen name because it disapears after 0.1 sec, its brand new, it gets black when i want to install and nothing happens
a b V Motherboard
a b à CPUs
April 26, 2013 12:41:22 PM

Kim Borell said:
Nikolay Savov said:
Kim Borell said:
Nikolay Savov said:
Kim Borell said:

What do i do ?

Hi

i have power on my screen, i do not see the blue screen name because it disapears after 0.1 sec, its brand new, it gets black when i want to install and nothing happens

Once again :
do you have OS installed on the system ?

and pls give us you system specs !
April 26, 2013 12:50:44 PM

Nikolay Savov said:
Kim Borell said:
Nikolay Savov said:
Kim Borell said:
Nikolay Savov said:
Kim Borell said:

What do i do ?

Hi

Once again :
do you have OS installed on the system ?

and pls give us you system specs !

Yes i get the normal start up, that i can press 12 for something DEL for something etc. i got a windows 7 64bit home or premium
some specs i remember- AMD FX 4130 Quad-RAM Kingston DDR3 8gb- Motherboard GA-970A-UD3
a b V Motherboard
a b à CPUs
April 26, 2013 3:26:11 PM

couse 1
You have bad RAM module
- power off
- take all 3 ram modules out - leave only one
- power ON
- problem solved - Yes -> you have one or more bad ram modules in the 3 you have taken out
- problem solved - NO -> change the memory module with other one that you have taken out
- problem solved - Yes -> you found the bad module
- problem solved - NO -> test all you memory modules one by one
- problem solved - Yes - > replace the bad module
- problem solved - NO -> see next couse 2

couse 2
You have instaled you OS with ACHI Sata mode and now you mobo BIOS SATA mode option is changed
- go in the BIOS
- storage options
- SATA mode
- ACHI or IDE ( i need to read you mobo UG to be sure what is the exact option )
- try to find it and change it and try to load OS again
- Problem solved - Yes -> there you go
- PRoblem solved - NO -> see couse 3

couse 3
You have HDD errors or bad drive
- check you HDD for errors using MHDD 4.6 from Hiren`s Boot Cd 15.xx
- if you have warnings and errors in the right lower aria in the MHDD the drive is faulty -> replace

I suggest you to run Memtest 86+ from Hiren`s Boot Cd to make sure you CPU and Memory are running error free.
Leave the test to make 100 % pass
!