5040x 2100 gaming

tidwellt

Honorable
Mar 30, 2013
Recently aquired 6 1680x1050 monitors.... hmm. Just for shoots and giggles, any card setup that would run these in 3x2 for gaming? Dont really care about the settings, just wanna say i did it. :) should be able to play left for dead 2 and diablo 3, maybe farcry 3.. at least 30fps.

Solution
Unless you can find an eyefinity 6 card you're going to NEED the displayport hubs, which are supposedly FINALLY about to release. So. I wouldn't go buying any display port adapters.

www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/club3d_mst_hub_display_port_review,1.html

Http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/UsingaBizLinkDisplayPortMulti-StreamTransportHub.aspx

That being said a 5x1 portrait setup is generally much better, and no center Bezel. Probably why you don't see many cards with 6 display Ports as there not really a market.

Airm3n-1292454

Honorable
Mar 31, 2013
Well not sure about radeon cards but on nvidia with surround setup diablo 3 will only play on one screen. For your 6 monitor setup though you would probably want at least crossfire of a couple of 7950's or a couple of sli 670's. Or a couple titans should handle it i'd say around medium or higher but you are getting into pricey territory for 2 of them.

tidwellt

Honorable
Mar 30, 2013
Yeaaaaah not paying 2 grand for titans. If i had that cash id get 690s anyways haha. Im an amd fanboy but apparently the 7990 from what ive seen is a sham.

The 7950 is clocked at 1100 mhz. Make a difference? I mean ill even play wow on them. Really just wanna be able to say i did this :D

Airm3n-1292454

Honorable
Mar 31, 2013
The thing is though I believe you only get 5 ports if i'm not mistaken on the 7950 and 7970's. 4 on nvidia cards. So someone correct me if i'm wrong but you may need monitors that support the newer displayport standard to allow daisychaining in order to get 6 monitors without having a second card. Otherwise you'd only end up with being able to connect 5 monitors. And the hdmi port don't forget is limited to 60hz so make sure you aren't trying to game over that. As well I believe AMD requires an active displayport adapter when connecting the 3rd monitor as well.

Unless you can find an eyefinity 6 card you're going to NEED the displayport hubs, which are supposedly FINALLY about to release. So. I wouldn't go buying any display port adapters.

www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/club3d_mst_hub_display_port_review,1.html

Http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/UsingaBizLinkDisplayPortMulti-StreamTransportHub.aspx

That being said a 5x1 portrait setup is generally much better, and no center Bezel. Probably why you don't see many cards with 6 display Ports as there not really a market.

Solution

Airm3n-1292454

Honorable
Mar 31, 2013
Yea one thing I found that sucks is that I can't run nvidia 3d vision with my asus 3d monitors in portrait. Its something about the polarization or something like that and the design of the 3d thing that prevents it from working. Which sucks because portrait mode rocks I just can't do it in 3d.