Newly built pc froze during sleep mode. Just pressing power button did not normally shutdown computer or wake up.

I just built a new pc and when i left today the computer went into sleep mode but when i got home, mouse or keyboard would not wake it up. I tried pressing the power button because it is set up to shut down via power button but that would not wake or shutdown gracefully either. I had to hold the power button for 5 seconds to shut it down. When i turned it on it was normal of course with the not properly shutdown sign, and when i tested the feature again with sleep mode, everything was fine and sleep mode and wake mode worked normally.

Spec: i5 3570k cpu, antec 620w psu, gigabyte z77-ds3h mobo, 500 gb wd hardrive, and gigabyte hd 7870 gpu. Can anyone tell me why it only did this one time and the rest not. I only built this comp 2 weeks ago.
1 answer Last reply
More about newly built froze sleep mode pressing power button shutdown computer wake
  1. Forgot to mention. The computer was not in sleep mode only the monitor was. But when i tried to wake the monitor it would not wake, and when i pressed the power button it would not wake or shutdown. I also have 8 gigs of ram if that helps. Thanks
Ask a new question

Read More

Sleep Mode Computers Shutdown Windows 7 Power