System reboots when playing games

Scardiddy

Honorable
Apr 27, 2013
I recently bought a system from CyberPower PC and have discovered a flaw within my system. Whenever I play a game, after a short while (especially while in full screen mode) the entire system will just reboot. As in the screen will go blank and the system will just act like it was just turned on.

For a while it was showing an error with the AMD Fuel Service, so I disabled that but it kept happening. Now it shows a kernel power error in the error reporting screen.

Here is what I have in my system:

- 1TB SATA III 7200 RPM 3.5" HARD DRIVE
- 8 GB DDR3/ 1600 MHZ MEMORY (2x4GB)
- CASE FAN 120 MM
- GIGABYTE GA-970A-D3 AM3+ CROSSFIRE USB3.0 SATA 3
- XTREMEGEAR 600 WATT 80 PLUS POWER SUPPLY
- AMD RADEON 7770 1GB DDR5 PCI-E 3.0
- OEM AMD FX-8120 3.1GHZ
- ASETEK 510LC 120MM WATERCOOLER

I have a feeling it may be the PSU, but am not sure how to confirm that or what wattage I should be looking at.

Thanks for anything you can do to help!

cyberpowerinc

Distinguished
May 4, 2010
Hello Scardiddy,

We do aplogize for your reboot problem. Please make sure you have the latest display driver installed for your 7770. The driver may be obtained from AMD at: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

If you are currently running a High amount of AA in your games, try disabling AA or lowering AA to 2 or 4x. If the problem persists, please contact our technical support at 888/900-5180 for further assistance. We'd be more then happy to help you get this issue addressed.