Is this enough to record gameplay?

Justin Sison

Honorable
Apr 27, 2013
So I'm planning to start a Let's Play channel on youtube and am planning out my expenses for a few components. My current rig is

AMD A6-3500
Asrock A55M-VS
4GB RAM
300 GB HDD
AMD Radeon HD 6530D

I tried recording gameplay of an indie horror game named SCP-087-b and the framerate was terrible. It dropped to 11 fps.

The Rig I'm planning to get is:

AMD FX4130 BE 3.80GHz Quad Core
ASUS M5A78L-M LX3
Sapphire HD 7770 GHz edition 1GB GDDR5
4GB RAM
300GB HDD

Will this be enough to record gameplay of games like Bioshock Infinite and a webcam vid of my face at the same time? (like Markiplier, Yamimash or PewDiePie)

Please don't suggest getting Intel processors. I don't hate them, but I just don't have enough money to get a good mobo and Intel processor. Thank you.

songorocosongo

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011
I think you shoult get more cores for that type of multitasking. A FX-6300 would be much better. If you don't have money for the 6300 I think the one you chose will do.

if you want to do game recording without impacting frame rates you need more cpu cores. not sure how good amd fx processor quad cores are because it was configured differently from the usual quad cores like intel quad and amd own phenom processors. some said fx4000 are much more like dual cores because it has 4 cores with 2 module. to be safe i think you should gun for fx6000 series at the very least.