Honorable
Apr 27, 2013
So i built a computer about a year ago.

My build:

• Intel Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor
    ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard
    Sapphire Radeon HD 6950 2GB Video Card
    G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    Corsair Professional 750W 80 PLUS Silver Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply
    Crucial M4 64GB 2.5" Solid State Disk
    Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/7Vjc

My graphics card stopped being recognized when I turned off and disconnected all the external cords so that I could move my case to a working spot to install some new ram (which worked fine). I also dusted the inside with one of those aerosol cans. However, when I hooked everything back up (and i made sure the external stuff was all in the correct spots), it auto booted to my internal graphics and when I hooked up my VGA cable (instead of DVI cable which just wasnt displaying), I had some errors on my login saying that my AMD software could not work because my current graphics card did not support any of the drivers (which makes sense because it booted to my internal).

From looking around at other issues like this, i double checked to make sure my bios was booting to PCIe and I double checked all the internal physical connections to no avail. I can still only use my VGA cord connected to my internal which gives me terrible graphics on my monitor and well, i can no longer game. I honestly have no clue what is up anymore. I also tried removing the new ram to hope for some odd reason there was some odd compatibility issue, however, it still would not work. Unfortunately I cant test my card on anyone else's pc as no one i know has a compatible desktop.

Any ideas or suggestions to troubleshoot/fix would be wonderful.

finally31

Honorable
Apr 27, 2013
So i fixed this by using my other PCIe slot. It then recognized my card but said my drivers were out of date so i just DL'ed the new ones. Not sure why the other PCIe slot stopped working but i guess it did.