HP's 7-inch Android Tablet Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

g-unit1111

Titan
I bought a Web OS tablet when they were selling them at that cheap price. This is an epic fail. They had a product that had the potential to be a great operating platform and they threw it away. F*** HP.

dvo

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2008
the specs are pretty much identical to my Pipo S1, aside from screen resolution. I paid 85 bucks for mine brand new on ebay. out of the box the battery life is indeed terrible. all i did was install SetCPU, set it to Interactive mode and it lasts all day with moderate to heavy use, and 2 or 3 days with light use. i dont know why all these rockchip devices have such terrible battery life out of the box because just a simple setting literally makes it all better and it suffers absolutely no performance differences.

digiex

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
Just bought china brand tablet with the an older 1 GHz Quad-Core ATM7029 processor, with IPS 800×1280 screen, 1g RAM, 8g internal memory for $98.00.
Comes with 1 year warranty.

GreaseMonkey_62

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
HP will wonder why this doesn't sell and scrap it like all their other projects. If they had better focused on WebOS, they might already be selling lots of tablets.

g-unit1111

Titan

Exactly - had HP left Palm alone Web OS would have thrived. Instead they bought Palm, launched tablet products that were overpriced and failed, then threw Web OS away. HP is definitely on my s*** list for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.