Need help with multiple monitor setup

Hey guys, I am trying to hook 4 monitors to my computer. The video card I have right now is a 6770, it has 1 vga, dvi, hdmi, and display port. Is it possible for me to hook up all 4 monitors to each output(with the right adapters)? Or do I need to get another video card? Or can I use the video outputs already on my motherboard?
6 answers Last reply
More about multiple monitor setup
  1. It is not. Your card only supports up to 3 monitors. You would need to use an active DP adapter or a monitor with DP input to use the 3rd display.
  2. Take a look into your bios. Some support the simultaneous use of the onboard graphics, most don't do. If yours doesn't, get a second card or a 77XX. I think they support 4 displays at least with one/two connected to display ports.
  3. Thank you guys very much and I have one more question. If I get a second video card and don't crossfire it, can the 2nd video card be an nvidia or does it still have to be an amd card?
  4. MOMOJOJO-1302146 said:
    Thank you guys very much and I have one more question. If I get a second video card and don't crossfire it, can the 2nd video card be an nvidia or does it still have to be an amd card?

Either go with an identical card for crossfire or replace your existing card with one that supports 4 monitors. If your monitors don't have display port inputs, your best option would be Nvidia. A GTX 660 would be a good choice.
  5. MOMOJOJO-1302146 said:
    Thank you guys very much and I have one more question. If I get a second video card and don't crossfire it, can the 2nd video card be an nvidia or does it still have to be an amd card?

You can use any card you want, but i suggest to use an amd of the same series, because otherwise you need to install / update two drivers.
  6. Im not gaming or anything, so I don't really plan on doing crossfire and a gtx660 is pretty overkill. But I guess it would cause the least issues if i just got another 6000 series amd. Thanks for the help guys.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Monitors Graphics