ASUS P5GC-MX133 Not BOOTING.

madthomas

Honorable
Aug 27, 2012
2 Days back my PC started to give me problems, It didn't boot, the power light on the front cabinet was ON, the HARD DISK light was OFF. DVD drive light came ON then OFF. There was no beep sound from the computer and nothing on display, (the display would turn OFF)
After switching the mains off and on 3 -4 times it booted.
(Also one time the monitor showed BAD BIOS CHECK SUM. Starting Recovery.)

Then once again when I shut it down it did not started. So then I opened my CPU case, removed the CMOS battery, removed the RAM, cleaned the cabinet and tried to boot it again, but it did not.

I took my CPU to a local repair shop, he did the same thing that I did, then he cleaned a removable IC on the motherboard, and the PC started, I thought the problem was solved. My PC worked fine for a day(switched it ON-OFF for about 5 times) and again it didn't started this morning.

I opened the case, I powered ON, CPU fan was running, the power light on the front cabinet was ON, the HARD DISK light was OFF. DVD drive light came ON then OFF. There was no beep sound from the computer and nothing on display. I removed the SATA cable of HDD and put in the other port and HARD DISK light on front panel went ON. I pressed the reboot switch and the PC came ON.

Now I have put it back together, but I am worried that once I switch it OFF, It wont start. Also the main reason I am in need of my PC now is that my job training is going on.

Also when I went back to the repair shop the personnel told me that either the connections are loose or my motherboard is going to get damaged soon.

Help me out. Also I am planning to keep my PC on for a month without shutting it down, will that be a problem.

I have a ASUS P5GC-MX1333 motherboard, I have purchased it in 2008 and it now out of warranty.

Hi, It might be a CMOS battery issue (maybe replacing it with a new one would solve the issue, but... hard to say).
No problem in not shutting it down. You can try using the sleep mode.
Leave it like this one month and replace the battery after that.

madthomas

Honorable
Aug 27, 2012

I had replaced the CMOS battery about 3 4 months back (Yeah but it is a cheap stake battery).

Ok now I am using Windows 7, how to use the sleep mode, I mean I had used it once I had put the computer to sleep but I couldn't figure out how to make it wake up. I tried my keyboard, mouse, but nothing happened, and when I used the power switch, It came up as if It booted from a Switched off state (it showed the BIOS screen). I am asking this because I cannot take a second chance!

madthomas

Honorable
Aug 27, 2012

Yeah every time while booting I used to get a error,
BIOS DATE TIME NOT CORRECT RESET TO DEFAULT
So I searched the internet, hence I replaced it from suggestion from the internet, the DATE-TIME problem was solved.

madthomas

Honorable
Aug 27, 2012

Yeah that's what even I am thinking
There was a lot of dust in the Cabinet, maybe some unnecessary contact has happened some where.
I will first finish all the important work and do a through cleaning of the MB and check for any loose connections, still the PC has to stay UP for a week!

Thanks for your replies!