Sign in with
Your question

No POST, No BIOS, No Beeps, No Display, CPU Fan twitches

Last response: in Systems
April 28, 2013 6:50:16 AM

Hi,

I'm a beginner at building computers(better at software & interfaces), I have a new build and there is no POST, no BIOS, no Beeps, no Display, and the CPU Fan just twitches. I hear no beeps at ALL, no BIOS and POST, and nothing comes at all to the monitor I have. The CPU Fan just spins once after I turn it on, like for a half a second, and then stops.

I've tried a new video card, replacing memory sticks, unplugging & plugging back in the HDDs, unplugging all wires. This doesn't matter to me THAT much if the computer doesn't boot, but the CD drive also doesn't start. I've been working on this for almost two months and it's so frustrating! Please help!  

Specs:
Motherboard: GIGABYTE Ultra Durable 3 EP45-UD3P
CPU: Intel Core 2 Desktop Quad-Core @ 2.66, 12 MB L2 Cache
PSU: Antec Basiq 350 Watts, ATX12v v2.01
RAM: G.SKILL DDR2 2GBx4
Case: Thermaltake Commander MS-I Snow Edition VN4000 series
April 30, 2013 2:37:11 AM

Sounds like something is short circuiting to me. When you built the computer did you install the motherboard standoffs?
May 4, 2013 7:03:43 AM

geniusgizmo1 said:
Sounds like something is short circuiting to me. When you built the computer did you install the motherboard standoffs?
What's motherboard standoffs? I know it might sound like a noobish question =3

Related resources
May 8, 2013 10:51:29 AM

Heh, I just took the motherboard out to test, and surprisingly, it just "magically worked!" I guess the case was shorting it or something, but when I put the motherboard back in, it was working.

Thanks so much, I'm using my new computer right now! :D 
!