Suggest me the best performance/value cpu works on socket LGA775 :)

Karim Nasr

Honorable
Apr 28, 2013
Suggest me the best performance/value cpu works on socket LGA775 :)
Best performance with best prise works on lga775 socket motherboard..

Generally speaking, the Q9400 is reasonably priced. The Q9450 is the next model up and basically the main difference is that it has 12MB of cache instead of 6MB. However, there will likely be a large difference ($75 - $100 USD) between the two. The extra 6MB of cache is great if you want to do things like Photoshop / 3D rendering / encoding movies (probably gives a 6% - 8% increase in performance), but does nothing for games.

Also, you need to make sure your motherboard is compatible with whatever LGA 775 CPU you intend on buying.

Karim Nasr

Honorable
Apr 28, 2013

first, thanks man for your help and second, What do you mean make sure it's compatible with the cpu am intending to buy isn't any LGA775 cpu works on any lGA775 socket motherboards ?
and anyway my motherboard is ( 945GCM-S2l )

FLanighan

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2009
Cheapest QXXXX series quad that you can still find. Q6XXX is old but still a workhorse, Q8XXX is just bad, Q9300/9400 is good, Q9550/9650 is best. I wouldn't pay more than $100 USD for any of them though.

The BIOS in the motherboard will determine what CPU is compatible with the motherboard. Just because it will physically fit in the socket does not mean it will work. If the CPU is not recognized by the BIOS, then changes are it will most likely not boot up. If it does boot up, then you may find that the CPU is running at the lowest speed because the BIOS does not anything about the CPU.

You need to provide the exact name brand and model of the motherboard. If it a brandname PC like Dell or HP, then you should be able to go to their site to find out if they have a BIOS upgrade for the motherboard and if that will allow you to use the CPU in your motherboard.

prizedcoffeecup

Honorable
Aug 7, 2013

There is a problem with your theory...the Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 still has a good reason to take at least a $130 dollar sip of money from your wallet. Especially the G0 revision...this revision is nearly twice as snappy as the original, and also spares your PSU of the usage of 10 watts, taking that 105 watt comsumption rating down to just 95 watts. And as the name implies, it is also a quad core. Also, if you are one to leave your desktop on idle when it's not being used, it will only run on two cores until it needs the extra power boost. And did i mention that this CPU comes straight from the package with a clock speed of 2.4 Ghz? So the only processor you might want to feed the extra money, according to my knowledge, would be this one. (P.S. Although the tech specs say it is 64 bit, it is still 32 bit compatible as well.)

schmuckley

Distinguished
BANNED
Jul 18, 2011
945GCM-S2l will not run anything except netburst I bet.Eh..it might do 1st round core2.
I'd say e4300,e4400,or e5200.