Old Build, wont boot madness.

futurecode

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
Ok, I built a system for my now ex wife about two years back, everything worked fine till several months ago (been RMA'ing the fast few motnhs).

All of a sudden the computer was having random reboot issues and the network adapters, wireless and lan, were missing under windows (even wit ha clean install.) shortly after she gave it to me to troubleshoot I couldn't get it to even boot consistently clearing the bios, re-plugging cables and re-seating parts would yield a boot about every 2 out of ten times, some would freeze at bios, some would boot into windows and run for an hour or so) .

After tearing down and rebuilding the system to cover all ends. I started RMA'ing every part I could, started with the memory (same results) , then motherboard (same results), then power supply (same results), and finally the cpu (same results) and I tried a different video card I know to work and again same results. I broke her down again and bread boarded her. Got her to boot once with Just one stick or ram, cpu and fan, motherboard, graphics card ( asus m4a79xtd evo board, not on board graphics) but I was met with "no keyboard detected" powered down, rebooted with just keyboard and not boot.

I get no beep codes at all when she doesn't boot, just what looks to be a full power up (all fans, lights and drives working) but silence. The only consistent beep code I can get is if I pull the memory and have just the basics (board, cpu and fan, g card) or fully put together, is a "no memory one long two short" code.

I'm at my wits end here as I already RMA'd all the parts and cant even get her to beep at me. Any help and or suggestions are appreciated.

System:

asus m4a79xtd evo

ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 64 Pro

G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600

HIS H577FM1GD Radeon HD 5770

AMD Athlon II X4 635 Propus 2.9GHz

Rosewill Xtreme Series RX750-S-B 750W

WD Black WD6401AALS 640GB 7200

ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD

Rosewill Wind Knight Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

TRENDING THREADS