Upgrade from windows 7 to 8 but should I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SintelUK

Honorable
Apr 4, 2013
Hi guys again, I was wondering if I used the windows upgrade client to upgrade from 7 to 8, will it delete any of my files or games and stuff? does it work like the windows 7 anytime upgrade and just apply the necessary changes or does it completely install the new OS?

Solution
You can perform an upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 8 as long as you are keeping the bit width (32bit vs 64bit). When you start the upgrade it will evaluate your installed programs and make recommendations about what can and can't be included in the upgrade.

A backup is always a must before your start the upgrade. Also, it is usually better to perform a clean isntall then reinstall your programs. This way you can clean out anything you aren't using anymore.

kyllien

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
You can perform an upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 8 as long as you are keeping the bit width (32bit vs 64bit). When you start the upgrade it will evaluate your installed programs and make recommendations about what can and can't be included in the upgrade.

A backup is always a must before your start the upgrade. Also, it is usually better to perform a clean isntall then reinstall your programs. This way you can clean out anything you aren't using anymore.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.