System Won't Start After BIOS Update Crashed, BIOS Recovery Failed

kisgabber

Honorable
Apr 28, 2013
System Won't Start After BIOS Update Crashed, BIOS Recovery Failed! What Do I Have To Do?
Motherboard type: Intel DG43NB
BIOS Version (before everything crashed): NBG4310H.86A.0077.2009.0316.1546
Story: I wanted to refresh my friend's PC's system Windows XP! I Do managed to! Then I started the daily routine - putting up the system programs/drivers. But I have never had anything to do with Intel stuff. So I downloaded the drivers from the site. Among the drivers there were the BIOS Update! Everything was fine until I started to setup BIOS Update. (A Lil' bit funny thing that at time I just went out to closet 'to give a shit' about :) ) And when I sat back in front of my monitor there was nothing.... I read forums, I found this site, I did the method that kinda RazberyBandit said! It all do not have effect on this situation.
Things to know:
1.Before I started to setup win xp, my friend's main problem was that xp had loading and loading but the system didn't stand up. (Here I have to say that maybe this was a prediction of BIOS failure)
2. I did jumper recovery, I took out the BIOS battery for 1 hour, I did jumper recovery and took off the BIOS battery for 1 hour at the same time, and there was nothing!
3. The whole method was tried out with the BIOS Version (NB0107.BIO). It's around from 2011 or stg.
4. Last but not least, I tried the original BIOS version also, from 2009 (the march 16th version, or I can say with the original) but there were nothing as well!
5. With the NB0107 version the PC did only these things: first there were 'beep' then write some white letters on screen (CMOS Checksum error, No Keyboard found, and 1 or 2 more lines) and then shut itself down... then 'beep' and then an 'Intel Screen' with two options (F2 BIOS, F10 BIOS).. I press F2 but nothing happened and then again shut itself down, and from the Intel screen situation this were going on over and over again! I managed to wait 30 minutes watching this, but I got bored, So Here I Am!
Conclusion: I think the BIOS is Over, crashed, F-**ed, ended up! But this is my opinion! Anybody know anything more about this situation? Have You ever have a problem like this?
Thanks in advance for answers! Peace
Peter

braber95

Honorable
May 14, 2013
If it crashed during the BIOS update it is possible (highly possible) that you fried your system and need a new setup :/

kisgabber

Honorable
Apr 28, 2013

First of all, thanks for replying me back! Secondary, sorry for my english, I'm from Hungary.
So, I failed to do the BIOS Recorvery/Update. Then 2 days after I tried, I tried again and I managed to do the Update, but there was nothing! So Maybe it's over, I mean the Motherboard!
But anyway thanks for reply!

kisgabber

Honorable
Apr 28, 2013

I did the USB method, but theoritcally, it's the same! But I said to the another "colleague" here, that maybe it's over! The motherboard will be trash!

I'd certainly give it a try with a CD. I've never been able to flash my Intel DQ77MK using a USB stick, but it worked fine using the CD.

TRENDING THREADS